PKC World Ch Saturday Early Cast #3

Round by Round match ups and results from the 2013 PKC Youth World and World Championships October 25 - November 02, 2013 in Salem, Illinois

Moderators: R D Carnegie, Kristi Denney, Jerry Moll, Shane Patton, Chris Freiberger

Jerry Moll
Platinum Member
PKC Name: Jerry Moll
City, State: Batesville, IN
PKC Member Since: 02 Feb 1989
Annual Membership Expires: 26 Oct 2023
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $30,080
Cell #: 812-212-1619

PKC World Ch Saturday Early Cast #3

Postby Jerry Moll » Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:15 pm

Judge: Terry Gregory, Guide: Tom Henson, Reporter: Casey Stallard, Play by Play: Jarvis Umphers

Interviews by Amy Thomas:

603.....Rehab's Lil' Cobb.....07-WAL-M.....Dave Lawson.....Dave Lawson
Rehab’s Lil Cobb owned and handled by Dave Lawson. Cobb is off of Rehab and a Mr. Smith female and is a 2007 model. Dave Lawson bought him from Toby Bolsen. Dave decided to buy him after hearing about him through word of mouth. Dave said, “Friends of mine told me what type of dog he was. Cobb was young and only about three when I bought him.” This is not the first time that Dave Lawson has been to the top of the World or has had a hound here. Dave shared, “In 2010, Billy Stokes was handling him for me at the World Hunt and Cobb made the Top Eight. I was handling Minnie Mouse and got her in the Final Four that same year.” Dave arrived to the World about Thursday of last week and camped to get ready. He and Cobb got qualified on Wednesday. When asked how Cobb has been hunting, Dave said, “He has been looking good.” When asked about how it feels to be in the Head’s Up, Dave said, “It feels great! It is an absolute honor.” Then when asked if there was any dog he had hoped not to draw, Dave answered, “Not really. I have been doing this all my life, back in the day there was always a handful of dogs that were always in the winner circle. Now any dog here is capable of being in the winner’s circle. You have to have lady luck. If the coon gods are not winking at you, it is not going to happen.”

603.....Wipeout Maggie.....08-WAL-F.....Mark Hall.....Mark Hall
Wipeout Maggie owned and handled by Mark Hall. Maggie is out of Wipeout Willie, Mike Creasy’s dog that just passed away this year and she is a 2008 model. Mark Hall got Maggie from James Baskins three years ago when he started back hunting. This year Maggie has been sick with a host of things. Last year though, she did well in the Pro Hunts placing in the Top Ten. She also placed in the top of the State Race. Mark and Jonathan Yeager brought Maggie up to hunt in the World Championship on Monday. Maggie got in on Thursday and it was Jonathan who got her in. According to the gentleman, this week Maggie’s performance has been excellent and she has only drawn 50 minus. They shared, She scored on two coons early and one late to get in. Then she scored on six Friday with no circle and no minus to make it to Saturday.” When asked how it feels to be here, Mark said, “We are very fortunate and blessed.” Jonathan responded, “Fortunate and honored. Some people hunt their whole life and never get this far.” When asked what dog they did not want to draw, Mark answered, “We have to beat them all. There is not any in there I would not want to see win if it is not us.” Mark will be the one to hunt her in the Head’s Up and the Finals if they make it.

Return to “2013 PKC Youth World and World Championships”